Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Place For Homework

So, I got this bright idea to refinish some old vintage school desks for the boys. I found some real junkers on Craig's List... I saw potential. I thought it would be pretty simple to do- just stain the wood and spray some paint on the metal right?!! Well the more I looked at it and realized how much rust and peeling paint there was it turned out to be a lengthy project to say the least. Oh, plus some of the wood was cracking as well. So I discovered wood filler and wood glue... ahhhh loved that stuff. The boys were so excited to have mom complete the jobs, I heard over and over "Mom, are you finished yet?"



Here is a before and after of them.

I LOVED the way they turned out, and it was definitely well worth the 4 liters of fluid I lost due to sweating in the hot garage working on them. Especially to see the kiddies so happy to have their own "space" to do their crafts and school work. They filled up some of that empty office space we had too. :) I really like the way old school desks are made, I'm glad the boys get to have a piece of the antique world.

0 comments: