Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fort Fun

The boys decided to build some forts to sleep in last night. Since my oldest started Kindergarten and my younger one is back to preschool, I have been pretty relaxed on Friday's and let them loose in the evenings after their long and hard week. So they gathered up all the pillows in the house, drug out all the blankets from the closets and made their little sleeping forts. Big brother wanted his fort in the loft, and little brother next to my bed. Well... after big brother worked so hard on building his fort he fell asleep on the couch! When little brother was tired I woke him to potty and he insisted on going to his fort to finish his rest for the night. It was funny because he literally layed right down and closed his eyes in sleep that moment.

While big brother was fast asleep, I helped little brother spice up his fort with his "mamas" pillows. He felt very special. However, my little boy has been very talkative and inquisitive lately. He is in the stage where he is trying to figure things out and asks about EVERYTHING. So instead of sleeping in his fort, I got a series of questions thrown my way as I was in bed next to him getting ready to go to sleep. He was so darn cute, here was a few of the funny things he raved on about:

-"Mom, when you were a baby, did we play together?"
-"Did you sniff your blankie like me too?"
-"We both have blue eyes, but that would be cool if yours turned pink, because you like pink, huh?"




After coming up with some creative answers for my interrogating 4 year old he told me, "Its too hot over here". So he threw his blankie out of his fort to try to make it cooler. Then he told me hes just going to sleep with me tonight, because he likes it when the fan blows on him. So in with mama... where he fell asleep.

0 comments: