Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lunch With Brother Bear


Since my oldest started Kindergarten, I have gotten to have lunch with him twice in the cafeteria at his school. What a treat!!! My Mr. Man loves seeing his mama and it is always a joy to take a break during the day and visit his world. The first time I went, sympathy was the persuader in the event. It was the second week of school and my lil' guy was having a hard time that Monday morning. He woke up tired, and realizing that Kindergarten entails long days and a long week. After his first week at K, he told me "Mom, its Friday and that means I get a whole summer break now from school" (since he has come to grips with the reality of Kindergarten). I dropped him off at school that Monday and he comes darting out his class running to me and crying and just jumped on me and told me he was going to miss me today. So that's when I decided that this was the day I went to lunch with him. Well, I enjoyed it sooooo stinkin' much that I decided today my little one and I were going to visit brother bear (what I call them) and have lunch with him today together.

It was pizza day, which was always my favorite in Elementary School too. This was a virgin experience for my baby, so his big bro totally took the lead and showed him the cafeteria etiquette. When we were done eating we got to play on the playground for recess, and oh what a great dessert that was! My big boy has a very special friend in class that we have known prior to Kindergarten. Its a blessing that they happened to be in the same class this year. Well he absolutely LOVES my guys' little brother. The three played so well and then the whistle blew... Before lining up my Kindergartner gave his brother a sweet hug and they looked at each other with tears in their eyes. My little boy said "I will miss you brother" which naturally brought a tear to my eye as well. It was such a moment to look at them looking at eachother with love. What great friends and playmates these boys are... (Its really a love/hate relationship though). So I was told by Mr. Bossy Sprocket that we need to do this every week!

0 comments: