Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

It was a wonderful Halloween this year!! I was able to spend some time with really great friends at an adult costume party this year the day before Halloween.
Good news. My grandparents are here! They came over during the day on Halloween to catch up some and have lunch. My grandpa, aka "great grandpa" decided to warm up the trick or treat vocals. So he called the boys down and had them do a trick or treat rehearsal and they each got $20... they were stoked. So this AM Benny comes running to me, "Mom, Mom!!! Brother traded me his eight dollars for my one dollar and now I have eight and he has two!!" He says this with the biggest, rich smile not knowing that he has now eight dollars and brother has forty. Sneaky. So we learned about conniving and the true value of these dollars.

The boys decided to be vampires. They got to dress up a couple times this year in their vampire costumes- once at a kids Halloween Party, second at Disneyland for Mickey's Trick or Treat Party, and third the grand Halloween night. I think they were costumed out by Halloween to be honest, I mean come on, they are boys after all. They were more concerned about candy and playing with their friends. They didn't even let me paint their faces or spray the black in their hair. I was bummed, but that's what they wanted. They still had remnants of the eye black on from their football game earlier and Benny had a red power-ade stained mouth. At least they wore the vampire teeth... funny story. These teeth make me laugh, hard. They are flexible adult vampire teeth. In Stink's narrow mouth the fangs are really spread out so when he talks to me you can't see them but you can see the oversized teeth and gums so he looks like he's wearing loose dentures. Thanks for the laughs sweet boy. Ok, so, with that they rushed their costumes on and flew out the door with flip flops. That's where I screeched a halt and made them wear tennies, I had explained that vampires don't wear sandals. So off we went with neighbors and friends all around trick or treating in the neighborhood. Then home, where we snuggled and watched a scary movie together and fell asleep... it was great.

0 comments: