Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy 4th Anniversary Baby!!

11/13/04

Okay, so I am late on blogging this and everything else!! I have been super busy with Nursing School ending so tonight, being its over (yeahyeh) I am doing some "back blogging".

I am so in love with my husband and really, truly enjoy the life we share together. I can't believe that it's already been 4 years... it goes by so quickly, yet feels like I've been with him forever. So, I have decided to share a story some of you might not know about our wedding day. This is in honor of our Anniversary of course. :)



The Butterflies
On the "big day" Steve had Benny and Sergeant Stink. Now, Benny was only 4 months old and still nursing at the time. Being the bride and all, I had to go through a series of primping to perfection for our day, which took all day. So Steve had the kid duty until we met at our wedding place. So right before I was going to walk down the aisle, I wanted to hold my sweet Benny. Well, when I took him into my arms the child was all over me... starved. I found out that he didn't get fed all day. So, I was a little upset at first, but the sweetest gift came out of that, and then a not so sweet gift. I got to nurse my Benny baby right before the aisle which was a soothing, motherly experience in a world of it's own. Then, being late down the aisle... caused everything to move back. Well, we were supposed to have a butterfly release during the ceremony. Having a wedding in November, comes with chilly evenings. So we got our chilly evening as we went to release the butterflies from the box and they decided it was too warm and cozy inside the box to come out. I blew at them... nothing. Oh well... we laughed... and my baby got fed... and we still got married... and I still love him to pieces.

BTW: Thank you Chels for the best 1st Anniversary gift: a butterfly wind chime and a card that said "This butterfly will fly".

Yeah, not the butterflies story you were thinking when you first read this huh. I am happy to say that we got to release them the next day and they flew on that warm and sunny afternoon...

1 comments:

Hibbard Family said...

Happy anniversary!