Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chelly Beans in Texas

Every girl needs a friend to pray and play with... talk about the deep and the light thoughts... even after months of not doing so, pick right back up where things were left at. A friend to make you laugh so hard it takes you to a mutual silent stare where you cry and need to remind yourself to breathe, don't pee your pants. I needed a good dose of my Chelsea and with it being my Birthday, New Years right around the corner and all of the days off of work I had with my boys... we were headed to Texas to see her and her family.

We were all thrilled for our last minute getaway. There was just this 16 hour drive ahead of us, that's all. There wasn't much to look at along the grey and brown road trip so in addition to the movies and games, mom developed a weird Texas accent and Bieber Fever in the car when the hours added up. The boys thought it was quite amusing, and I was amusing my own self. I was tired from doing really nothing, my eyeballs hurt, and my body that felt like it was traveling at 80 mph during standstill was stuck in a kinked driver's position until the sweet lady at Nordstrom Spa massaged me straight again.

But I got to see my Chelly... and the boys got to play with their dear friend. The girls were silly girls and boys were rowdy boys. Totally worth it.

The Sergeant and Benny did some ice skating while mom had due girl talk over substandard Italian food.


There was this really neat hotel we all took a visit to together. The grandest part of it was an Ice Exhibit there, full of sculptures made entirely of ice in a 9 degree atmosphere. As if that wasn't enough, ice slides and snow tubing races were to follow.


On most every family vacation Sergeant Stink or I get sick... we take turns. It was my turn, I guess. I didn't just get sick though, I was super ill. Like I thought I could die for this particular twelve hours until the relief came from the IV fluid resuscitation and Zofran that was given. I spent the end of 2012 in the hospital with Chelly reflecting on the irony that of all our wild young excursions we took in high school now we end up in a place like this together... adult, mature, and due to nothing remotely exciting. We did make the most of it over sparkling water, squeezed in some more convos while we listened to others hack in the lobby.

Until Mom's speedy recovery... Benny and S Stink spent time with their friend over at Grandma Leslie's house that was decorated as a Winter Wonderland sprinkled with the love of little boys: nerf amo and fort messes. Thank you Grandma Leslie for taking such wonderful care of my muffins and helping me confirm a few things.

You are an amazing person with a heart of gold. Who plays the piano great and with true joy.


Who taught my Benny (that has always eyed pianos along with Mom) a precious song that day.


Who made me realize that we need keys and lessons in this cozy home of ours. I can't wait.

Thank you all... for a meaningful trip, Chelly and our friendship's blessings, and Texas. We will be back :)

0 comments: