Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Hot McDavid Secret

We just finished the dearest soccer tournament.... the Ostrich Tournament... and even went to the festival that went along with it. For all this Ostrich talk we saw not one, not even an egg or a race. We did get to play hard with some of our soccer friends between the six games at this Ostrich Festival. It started off with me getting lost, big surprise. Once we were established and had scoped out the park for properly functioning rides, the games were on! The babes and I just love crazy coasters and usually fudge height restrictions so we can push it to the daring limit. Benny had a hard time holding his head up on some scrambler ride. When we came to the ending stop us two were a silly sight with mom's voluminous hair and my Ben Tenny's right facial drool semi-dried to his cheek. The carnie food was sick. It's something that looks so good and something you must indulge in for the full effect. I can still feel the apple-cinnamon funnel cake in my tummy that has left a constant state of mild nausea for the past day. This stuff doesn't seem to bother the babes though. My sergeant finished off a whole bag of cotton candy, even munching as he mosied through a fun house licking his fingers as he touched the handrails triple coated in bacteria... and whatever else. Made me cringe a bit. At least I know the root of the upcoming runny nose and possible mystery virus. The little pickles fell fast asleep on the way home in the car, of course. As I'm stripping Benny for bed in his semi-sleep when we get home I've noticed he stole something of brothers... and he knew at that moment that I knew because he became wide awake. Benny was wearing S. Stink's prized possesion and lucky McDavid soccer compression shorts under his pants. The ones I just washed for his brother to wear for his game the next morning. Benny looks at me straight in the face with his wide eyes and shushes me as I'm giggling and teasing like its going to wake someone... then proceeds to tell me to get him up early and he will take them off so brother won't even know. So I go along with the plan... it was sneaky and I felt the sneak, but it worked. Benny owes me, big time... that would have been a rotten fight.

I haul my little dirty recycled McDavid butts to the rest of their games. It was a blessed mix of sunscreen, soccer balls, sweat and tears. My sergeant scored a goal and I missed it!! Benny was on fire and scored three goals just himself (got to see every one)... I don't know if it was the rubbed off McDavid luck, my butterfly ring he likes me to wear, or our U2 song we rituously play before our games. Whatever it may be, it worked. Most importantly they also did what mom asks: had fun and did their best. Every soccer game and tournament is dear to us, but this, the dearest. It may be our last as this marked the year's end. This hit me and the floodgates of my eyes opened after Stink finished his game. I just love so much about it. Watching them work hard at something they enjoy playing is a proud mama's joy. Seeing them build their confidence and take criticism as they develop team comradery is special to me. I'm sure the love will go on to the next sport in tackle football if the boys choose to in the Fall. We had fabulous coaches, solid teams, two of the cutest soccer players I've ever laid eyes on, a dedicated mama bear, and a pair of lucky McDavids. What a year... excellent job muffins! You make your mom so proud.

0 comments: