Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Vent Here, A Vent There

It's been an odd last couple of weeks... just different. It was a tiring shuffle with a brief disappointment there in the mix. I never know what comes before me, and it takes a lot to surprise me these days. But I always face it, with the best face I can show.

We went through the usual routine this morning- back to our usual that is. Glad to be back, btw. I was ready to send my boys off to school. As I get them out the door in the morning, instead of being in my gym wear while smothering my boys with kisses and wet handed hugs from breakfast dish duty, I was dropping them off at school all dressed up. They told me I looked pretty this morning. They examined my colored lips that are usually uncolored at this hour. That caused a brief hesitation before our kissy part this AM. They didn't know where I was going, some meeting I told them. Mom's on a quest... to fix some things that have been bothering my children.

I've been feisty. There are three things that can switch me to this mode. Hunger is a minor one of them. Messing with my kids or patients are major others. Both of those major types put some serious trust in you while they are in vulnerable times. I don't take that lightly, and a different side of me can be seen if I sense others treating those without sincere concern. Your wrongly brave if you get in the way. No one is perfect... not me nor you. I don't ever expect perfection from anyone but I do hold high standards. There is not one reason for me not to have those types of expectations.

I have done some worrying lately, which I believe is unnecessary and counterproductive for me. I don't like to do it and I need to just stop it because things always work out the way they are supposed to. That's always been a hard thing for me to remember though when it comes to my "majors".

The babes came home to a relieved mom today. I squeezed my sweet boys who smelled like sun and school... mom's quest is going in the right direction, and so are you two. I will always do my best to help you with that.

Ok... sigh of relief... things are better... de-feist done. :)

0 comments: