Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Sunday, August 21, 2016

Setting Up For Success

Mamas been laying down some different laws this year... the one's you would think as my boys get older I would get more lenient on. As school is in session full swing upon us, it takes it's toll as I found out last year.

Rule 1: Your going to bed early... earlier actually

Rule 2: You must pack lunch, a healthy lunch :) 

Rest is so important for my growing men. Junior High starts an hour earlier and has a million more obligations with sports and classes... so, um yes! We learn from our past experiences... or at least we hope to. Last year my Sergeant was physically ill throughout the year and so much that I received a horrid mail notice regarding it. He was doing more... exerting more, thinking more, sleeping less and eating the dreaded school lunches. That was a combo for disaster to strike on my Sergeant. I won't let it this year!!

The Jr High lunch service is trendy with all of the vendors and options the school gives... but they are unhealthy, so very unhealthy. Not something to fuel little athletes of mine. So before school started and every week we all take a family trip to the Farmers Market and pick new fruits and fun options to pack. They are also looking at ingredients to know how to select healthful proper bread and spreads. My boys have always had a mom who cooks well for them... but it's time that they start to make good food choices on their own. 

I met some resistance at first... but I stuck to my motherly guns. Sometimes its best to go against the grain I tell them. Those boys of mine actually enjoy bringing their lunches now and happily pack the night before. The Sergeant even had a friend ask him where he finds all of his good stuff... and he shared his good health tips. My Benny on the other hand had an embarrassing moment of a packed lunch. He felt something wet on his arm traveling to 2nd period. When he swung his backpack around in class his yogurt he found had exploded and out of his lunch box spreading the strawberry cheer all around. So the boys are scorched on ever taking yogurt again. And yes, they hate shopping like any man does. So this week I gave them a grocery store trip break, where I did the selecting so they could watch our USA Basketball team kick tush on the last day of the Olympics. 

So far we are on track... and my Sergeant has to be on his track at 5:05 am (and I must take him) so goodnight.

PS... I also think that my dear Sergeant needs his tonsils out. 


0 comments: