Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Sunday, July 24, 2016

Our Summer Pace, Our Summer Fun

It was magnificent. Simple. Joyful. Peaceful.

Our most favorite Summer Break yet!

Not anything extravagant but extravagant to us. Spending quality time with one another without those several schedule breaks or obligations that the school year brings in mighty force. To just... be. Soaking up the sunshine, deep into our souls and hopefully not on our skin. Proper sunscreening sure does have a method to it and my boys were taught very well. Given that we were set to be as free as our lovely pace let us. Most good times were spent quietly at home and then some loudly with good friendships. Of course mostly in the water... our preferred summer atmosphere.

We did spend a glorious day up north in Flagstaff exploring with my explorers. Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course caught our attention. It was an amazing obstacle course with quite a few rounds of physical obstacles from woodsy tree to tree. The intensity and height increased as it went on. Benny made it about halfway and decided he wanted to watch us try and finish the rest. His hands were shaking and his body was done.

My Sergeant made it look easy and I went behind him thinking maybe it would be. The harness was what made me feel safe. I knew as long as I was strapped and locked in, the worst that could happen was I could fall and then just get back up. Kind of like life right? I didn't fall though and made it to the black course. I only saw one other girl finish it besides myself. We were all so proud of our accomplishments, teamwork and encouragement as a family. 

We took a beautiful trip to Austin Texas visiting our best friends who we have missed very dearly. It wasn't quite a year yet that they made the big move to Austin from Arizona and we thought it would be such a wonderful way to spend part of our summer seeing them. We lived their lake life with them for one precious week. My dear best friend is about the biggest planner as I. The only thing we planned together was a wonderful family trip to a water park resort with all of us nestled in a cozy cabin resort home playing by day and cherishing our time together by night and over some morning mimosas. 


Hiking, swimming, fishing, boating, was all blissful but what made it so wonderful was our company we shared. It was very hard to leave. 



I came home to sick dogs, being sick myself and my car not starting. That was enough to make me wish I had stayed but it all worked out, as it always does. I surprised my dearest best friend with a sneaky trip back to Austin with adults only this time to celebrate her first Texan birthday. I have never had a Russian dinner and never realized how much Russians enjoyed their vodka. The lavender shot was quite possibly the best Birthday shot I've ever tasted. 
The spa met party in my mouth. Our feet took us down the famous 6th Street then ended at our favorites with my favorite on Rainey Street. 

Austin was definitely our summer highlight, however the rest of our time has been so wonderful as well that the boys have been counting the days they have to return to school. Benny turned 12 this summer and had a cabana pool party with his friends he calls "The Squad" and our Grandmas. He dove into his first boy/girl party. 


Back to school shopping had to be tackled in two trips for my dear Benny. We said a forever goodbye to school uniforms and hello to a new wardrobe of whatever their styles are. The Sergeant still spent twice as much on clothes however with his expensive and particular tastes. That boy made sure he earned that and a trendy haircut with all of his summer chores. Both of my men are packed and ready to walk into Junior High together tomorrow. In reflection I can't believe how fast this time has come and that their Elementary Days are over with. I have love-love-loved their days of infancy, being toddlers and school aged. I know I will love this era just the same. Our summers, our time is always captured in my heart as precious gifted moments from God I am forever grateful for. 

Thank you dear Summer... you have treated us quite well...

0 comments: