Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Monday, July 21, 2014

It is Time

It's that time again... time for the babies to head back to school. I made reservations to properly prepare them and enjoy a certain special event. Benny had the look of hearty summer exhaustion tonight from great break play. That made a satisfied mom smile on my face. He asked me to give him a foot massage and then he was out. As I snuggled and prayed with The Sergeant over back tickles in his bed, I told him how many good times I've had this summer break with him. He said, "Me too Mom... and I'm mad that it's over". It really is the pace that we look forward to and hold dear to us for exclusive reasoning. 

We had an entire day of just watching different movies. I was able to relax poolside and read a whole book and write on another day. Benny had a noon sleep nest occurring in his hair on more occasions than not. The Sergeant dug out toys he hasn't played with in a while. We take some of this time to sift through our things to organize and simplify. Mom makes her picture albums. The boys have summer sleepovers. 

Along with movies, a trip, skating, batting cages, friends and pool play... My baby Ben-Ben turned a precious 10 years old! I now have both children in double digits. We celebrated with water-park fun sprinkled with arcade games and golf. 


Before party day I took Benny somewhere special for his present. We went to the baseball store and he picked out his baseball bat for the upcoming season he will be in. He loves it.  



Today... we were able to end this break's journey with a dear friend and her boys. The setting was just right poolside at our home sweet home. We played all day until we were hungry for a grill simmering summer BBQ staple... barbecued ribs. This complimented something new I whipped up which was beet salad, recipe courtesy of Chelly Beans. Girl time and boy play equals a great day and we ended it the right way it should end.  


Though this time as cherished as it is, the school year appeals to me when the pace picks up. I had another mom give me a strange look when I said this. Though I love this time dearly I do it all here  myself and I find that the school day helps me gather just enough time to take care of the things I need to... so that I can be the mother I want to be when my children get home. And thats just what they get and deserve. Ready... set...go... It is pace-changing time... 


0 comments: