Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Friday, May 24, 2013

Summer Ready (just about)

I woke up super early this morning... earlier than my usual. I fell asleep embarrassingly premature watching silly videos with my boys who wanted to snuggle and sleep in mom's room last night. Those boys have been a little more clingy with me than usual lately. I just soak it up.

I lay in my bed early this morning or in the middle of the night, whichever you want to call it. I gave my body 30 minutes to decide if this is really the start of my day. I rarely wake up in the middle of the night anyway so I had a good idea this was the start. Then, there was no turning my head back to the pillow... I began thinking and getting really excited.

Summer is here. Not only is summer here but this is my last full day to prepare my home, finalize some plans and remember that patience is a virtue for this two month event. I have already gotten a request to drag the summer fun box out early... The babes can't wait. Here is last years:


Benny asked if we could add a root beer shower to it. When I asked what this was Stink chimed in and said, "It's where you take a menthol (Mentos) and you shake it up in the root beer then open it up and watch it spray." When the boys saw me think about it in silence for two moments or so they wanted to know if maybe just a root beer bath would be better. They explained to me that they could just swim around in it then take a sip whenever they wanted. I think it would actually be fun... the shower. I am going to put it in the summer fun box. I don't know if it will be chosen, but that will give me some time to figure out and teach my children that we have to do this in a very special place or mommy just might lose it.


Another excitement that thrust my body out of bed during wee hours are my bike shoes I just purchased. My heart, soul and feet are now locked into the pedals of cycling. I can feel those endorphins of mine attaching to this now. However anytime there is something new for me I always get giddy about using it. Whether it be a new shade of lipstick, dress, or hair style... if it is something that helps portray the beauty on the outside, I will wake up extra early to tether it out.

So bring it on- Get Ready... Set... Cycle/Clean/Plan. That and now I must squeeze in a nap today.

0 comments: