Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Monday, July 23, 2012

Love Note Day

It was a day that marked the end of the truest part of Summer for us. I said "bye" to my children with kisses, hugs, grabs, and my high pitched mommy-in-love voice. Then it hit me and I cried very unexpectedly as they drove off and all that was left was me... My boobs were sore so I know it was part hormones but mostly to blame on the fact that we just had another awesome summer break together- that I will cherish but will very much miss my boys, just being there and hanging out.

Then I pulled it together and tackled some things I won't miss too much. Sticky portions on the counter (and floor to match) and items placed in odd spots. Honestly, it wasn't all that bad. The boys are really helping out around the house- sometimes I have to ask a couple times but they are becoming more respectful and responsible with each summer.

My Sergeant told me this was the best summer, on a random day, just randomly with an honest tone and look to my eyes. He was right, the best so far. We didn't do anything super spectacular, but had the most spectacular moments as a family. We decided to find our summer love with each other and locally. We didn't even get to explore everything on my mental summer local list... there is so much to do here and the possibilities are positively endless when some thought is applied. The boys did request to extend the "summer fun box" project. I was told that just because school is starting doesn't mean the summer is over, so we must continue, and must share later.
The boys do get sick of each other towards the summer break's end, even though they are the best of friends. The fights are frequent, words get more creative and the house gets louder. Benny even said he didn't care if he saw his brother for the rest of his life during one of the last days... he said it with hesitation followed by a long dinner conversation hosted by mom.  

My house is now almost spotless clean, ready for the year and the first love note for the lunch boxes was already written. The kids are now back to school. I started to write about it last night but didn't quite make it... my boys interrupted me with a snuggle request and I fell fast asleep. Benny and I were in a simultaneous breathing rhythm as I held him and felt my Sergeant's nose air on my skin as he smelled his mom right to sleep. Put me to sleep, putting them to sleep... all the way until 5:40am today. Just in time to make pancakes and send those muffins off with my love to their next school-year adventure.

I may be a little delayed during the summer when it comes to some things... but the pace is right with the best reasons... us.

What a summer... <3






0 comments: