Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Monday, July 30, 2012

Benny turns... 8!

Happy Birthday Love... it was most def a happy one, one of my favorites for you. My little men are getting so big and the parties seem to just get more fun the older they get. Benny woke up to a brand new, shiny bike in his favorite color... orange. It was the hardest color to find on a bike, but I was determined my sweet son was going to get what he wished for. Especially when one day leading up to his birthday he says, "Mom, it's okay if you can't get me an orange bike. There are other things that I like too." That just gave me an extra nudge in the tush to find the perfect one.

I let Ben-Tenny pick two good friends that were able to go spend two days and one night at a water park resort. Sergeant Stink and the party crew went early to decorate the room very special to welcome the next year of joy he is going to bring into my life, and others as well. I captured and adored the happy but gentle look on his face as we all yelled "surprise" when he opened the door to his friends and party scene. Benny doesn't tend to express his excitement in a 'wahoo' manner but with a soft smile and glow of appreciation in his eyes. That's how I know he's truly touched.

We went down a few super high water slides, tubed down the lazy river, and swam until we were hungry for pizza and cake...
The boys decided to wear the cake on every part of their faces before eating it. Then before eating it looked in the mirror to see who wears the best icing look. It was late night swimming across from our room playing marco-polo until the boys were literally wiped. Then all over again the next morning. It was kind of sad to pack up and go... we all had a darn blast.

It was the only party where I ever lounged in a bikini sipping on a drink watching and then actually playing with my Birthday Boy, his friends and my family... all with minimal mess to clean up. Just a little planning and packing involved. Surely beat those Chuck E Cheese and Peter Piper parties pleasing 15+ children and adults briefly in 3 hours (though they were still fun). This one took the birthday cake... for us all.

0 comments: