Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bye-Bye Banner, Hello Blue

I have had my last day working for Banner. This has been a place where I have worked for over 5 years. But more important than those years are the things that I have learned in those years. I was raised in my career there... from the bottom to the top and young to the old. I started as a Nurse Assistant and left with a taste of being a Charge Nurse. As an NA I began with the babies- in the nursery helping with feedings, newborn testing and circumcisions. I loved it. There is something so candid about babies, unlike any other thing in this world. As an RN I'm exiting the hospital on a unit where our clientele is old, old, old. Plenty of co-morbidities that make for fantastic learning, and lots of authenticity that make for good soul shaping. The old is unique, full of knowledge and wisdom I like to suck up sitting at their bedside with them. There's too much going on in the world today to make people like these anymore. I'm going to miss those old, sweet people that wonder why you rush, that used to use ice boxes and wash their own clothes by hand, really-really cook, and don't know how to use the computer or cell phone very well. People that stay married for 60 plus years. My sweet old men and spunky old women... even those confused ones. Love them. Now I am and will be at places with the in-between. I will still get some of the old for sure, thankfully... they will be good for touching up my soul. Did I mention that I absolutely love being a Nurse? I hope you can tell... I really do. What's really bizarre is I have always wanted to work for a Plastic Surgeon when I was younger, and I went into Nursing wanting to be a Perioperative Nurse. Someone has planted this seed in me long, long ago and its blossoming by destiny.

I was offered a fabulous job where a Nurse was needed and I don't know how I fell into it... I will be working for 4 Vascular Surgeons who hold a great reputation in addition to my talented Plastic Surgeon. I feel very blessed to be the one chosen for this. I am going from hospital to office. Mom's going Monday through Friday, normal hours... weekends off! The boys and I will finally have consistency. I will never have to miss another game/tournament or diss the Sunday paper because of work. I'm off to the new. I'm starting to fall for the blue. It's kind of hectic with all the multi-tasking, risk and sterility that goes on... but there's a calming peace I feel about the whole thing that I'm drawn to. Plus... I think surgeons are some of the most brilliant people. They awe me and I really respect them... except when they whistle. I love watching them and their work. I am glad, and thankful to be where I am. This is where I'm supposed to be.

I will miss where I'm coming from, and all of the special people I worked with. I am coming from a unit full of strong nurses and great staff that have taught me nothing but the best, thank you-thank you.

I will also miss the signs that people put up without fully paying attention to them.












I will miss the chuckle I get when I wonder who is using the criticaid and baby wipes that sit in the staff bathroom.

I will also miss the salmon in the cafeteria that was oddly delicious.

What I won't miss is the number game... and yay, I don't have to retire with an anxiety disorder.

I am excited for this new journey, so excited! I need to finish my post and put myself to bed for my first day of training tomorrow though... so I will make it snappy with a few more things. I heard someone say once that there is one thing that is certain in life and that is change. Change is good. Since it's always going to be there you better roll with it and embrace it. Explore the doors that open and come your way... you never know why your put there and where it may lead to. I am truly thankful for every bit of Banner... and excited to roll with the blue... Good-night!


~



PS- Here's a card I found my very last day with a great message on it. I wrote a love note in it to my old staff and got a beautiful handmade butterfly bookmark from the gift shop... just to remember you all.

0 comments: