Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Friday, April 29, 2011

No spring sphere, here!

I was busy doing some charting one day at the Nurse's station and a transporter was killing some time at the desk waiting for his patient to get ready. So he picks up one of the many Easter Eggs sitting in this basket in front of me and looks at it. He asks me if I know the new name of the Easter Egg, since what we call it isn't politically correct... it's now the spring sphere. He not only killed time, but killed my Easter spirit for a brief moment. I probably gave him a weird look, my apologies now.

I have to admit I never really knew what the Easter Egg truly meant, until my little cupcakes told me so. They learned this at church Easter Sunday. They probably learn this every Easter, but decided to bring the information home to mom this time. "Mom, the Easter Egg represents life." say my dear babes. Then, whah-la, my Easter spirit is fully back... thank you. We all got the opportunity to paint, color, and put some stickers on these little life representers with Great Grandma and Grandpa before the headed back to the mid-west.

By the way, church and the Easter Sunday Sermon was nothing short of prodigious. It all started with these two handsome men, so adorable mom could eat them alive. I told them they are seriously going to have to watch out for the girls this morning, even those sweet church girls. They knew it, which was even cuter.


The message was about scars. We are all destined to receive them, healing and what we do with the situations put before us is a choice. Everything happens for a reason. It can be a blessing when you learn to live broken for a while. For it's a shallow life- one without scars. It was touching words and made me so very thankful for not only my scars but His.




After service I had a juicy turkey in the oven and a houseful to share it with. Dinner was almost as good as the message. Since we have a trip coming up I decided to do something a little different for the boys. Instead of baskets this year I got the boys luggage with little gifts wrapped up in each pocket. We had a non-spring sphere hunt at dusk... which forced me to crack that the Easter bunny wasn't real. The boys are getting older, plus the evening hunt brought on too many questions for logical answers about why the bunny didn't hide the eggs and why didn't he do this in the morning like usual. They kind of already knew... it kind of made me sad. Though the Easter Bunny isn't real, it made the true meaning of Easter more real... and that, is kind of more special. Happy Easter!

0 comments: