Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Time

We have had some fun moments surrounding our Thanksgiving Holiday this year. Benny had a "Tradition Feast" at school in his classroom before the couple day break. I had the pleasure and joy of helping out. The kids had all kinds of fruits and veggies at their desk settings. This was where I found out cranberries and even the jellied cranberry sauce were very undesirable with 2nd graders, surprise-surprise. I tried with the "it's like jello" persuasion but they all knew much better. The favorite was the warm apple cider and cinnamon stick that went so smoothly with the stories of Pilgrim days and the Mayflower read by the teacher. We all made pilgrim hats- the girls with white bonnets to symbolize the puritan days and the boys with their handsome tall hats and buckle.

My turkey this year was a unique birdy perfect for the super swamped mom. Stink had a tournament game the day I made a feast of our own. So it was go-go-go just like any other day. I was really craving a day of just relaxing with my boys having nothing at all to do but be silly around the house and cook. I think my turkey sensed my desire and cooperated from then on. I had 15 minutes to prep my main dinner dish. I mixed a quick concoction, gave it a good seasoned rub, stuffed it with my usual and threw some things around our turkey for a touch of beauty and flavor before it plopped in the oven. It was my best yet... would have never expected that! It was a great dinner my boys and family enjoyed. Benny got to break the wishbone with Great Grandpa... such a sweet moment. He won and wishes came true.

I am reminded this day and often of how thankful we are, and how beautiful life is. I have happy, healthy, and rowdy boys... the two sparkles of my eyes. I am thankful for the true happiness and joy they bring- the deep loving connection we all have. I am thankful for the sisterhood in my friends, the guidance of my family, the growth in my career, and the people and lessons learned along the ways. Thanks to all...

0 comments: