Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Spiced Pumpkin

Silly or not, I had to name a post after my favorite yankee candle that not only fills up my home with it's delicious smells but sets the mood for my favorite season: Fall. The air is cool and the sun is still shining bright, and outside is the sound of playing kids. Makes my heart go pitter-patter. Another gift this season brings is the fun Holiday of Halloween. There's a different thrill in the spooky fun our adrenaline brings in all the "scaries" towards the end of October. I caught the boys snuggled together in S. Stink's bed with the covers pulled to their chins snuggled together in the dark like twins in a bassinet. Eyes were wide open and glaring at the screen, watching ghost stories on TV... busted by mom in the crack of the door. So what else do I do but yell "rah!!" . It was twisted motherly fun that made them both scream.


There was no Disneyland this year or seasonal Schnepf's Farm visit at my house but here was our fun:

Pumpkin carving with Grandma, Uncles, baby B, and Auntie Jose. The boys were very different at their approach towards pumpkin carving this time around. Benny was very simple about his plans, determined to achieve them, and was decisive and patient about carrying them out. Stink chose the most complicated pumpkin carving design, did 5 minutes of work, and tried to get mom to finish the rest. They all turned out great, and in the name of fun.

Trick or treating was a night of friends, neighbor potluck food, conversation, great costumes, candy... and a butt rash. I won't disclose which boy this was but halfway through trick or treating I spot a funny walk and a facial grimace. "Mom, my butt hurts, really bad" says this dear boy. I watched as he tried to hide the funky face and keep up with the door to door but he broke down, and I carried home. My thanks goes to Desitin rapid relief for soothing a raw Halloween butt. This boy learned that night about the expense of wiping when he should, and doing a good job of it. At the end of the night when all was quiet and the sugar high has faded I got a "Mom, thank you so much for making my bottom all better." It was a Halloween save mom will always truly be remembered for.

0 comments: