Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lessons on a Father's Day

Here are my two angels in the works of helping our community from going hungry, participating in the Arizona Hunger Campaign. It's a project our church is participating in, so we pitched in this morning and filled up a large bag full of items much needed for those less fortunate. We are too fortunate... but very fortunate to be practicing hospitality. Another great lesson we are learning is opening doors for others, especially the ladies. I haven't had to open the car door for myself since teaching them this, so I think my little gentlemen got it.
Sunday service was unexpectedly touchy for me this morning on Father's Day. We talked about the sometimes underestimated and important role the Father or Father figure plays in a child's life: it's deeply impressionable. Which makes the job of a single Mother double time. This was when I almost broke into a sweat. Stink and Benny have a Dad, one who they love so very much... and look up to. This can be frightening to me with what my children had to go through and face this past year. This makes my job so much harder, but not an unachievable one by any means. It doesn't matter what it's been, it's what you do with it now. They will learn the value of a relationship, of a marriage, respect for themselves and others, and making wise life choices.
I have the best Father. He is making me the strong person I was meant to be, He always knew I could be. He's always been there for me whenever I needed Him and the sometimes when I forget I need Him... and despite my imperfections. He is my Peacemaker, Guider, and Healer. He is my Rock, and the Perfect Father. I am thankful He is in my life... but more thankful He is in my children's lives as well to help raise them into their full potential and be the best men they can possibly be. I'd say we are off to a good start. :)
Happy Father's Day!

0 comments: