Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Little Football Fanatics

The Winter season of football has started for the boys! First games were last weekend... and I didn't expect anything other than a great start. The boys are on separate teams this season. However, both of their teams are named the Cardinals. So I now have to store away my Packers paraphernalia and invest in some hot "Cards" gear. This is Stink's first experience of tackle. Even though it's a whole lot dirtier, he loves it... more. The first game was won with a shutout. Stink still has his speed and ran a 60 yard distance, grass roots shy of a touch-down. He found out pretty quick that the faster you run, the harder you fall. I'm still learning to stand back and let him be strong, brush it off, and get back up. But I itch inside to run over and give him a big kiss, hold him tight and whisper my sweet mommy words when I see him down.

Benny stole the star of the Saturday games though. It could have had a little to do with all those built up feelings and emotions of always being paired up on the same team as brother- competing and compared with his blood in football. Not this time, oh no. Benny's got his own team, his own attitude, and his own game. He rocked it with style. 3 touch-downs total by that Benny Boy. Two of those started out with catching passes and running straight for the end, where he made it. I would have taken pictures of those particular events, but I was too indulged. That look of achievement in those blue eyes and goofy grin was... priceless.

I'm so proud of you boys! ♥

1 comments:

Hibbard Family said...

Oh Jennifer I don't know how you can stand watching your babies get hurt! Its so hard to have to stand by and let them get up on their own!! Your posts have made me tear up - I am so proud of how strong you are ;)