Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Friday, August 28, 2009

Mom, the Tooth-Fairy is cheap...

So Stink lost his tooth "naturally" for the first time!! It was time for this one, without a doubt, no football or abscess pre-maturing this loss. I picked my boys up after school and as we are walking to the car Stink says, "Mom, you know if your tooth is really shiny and white the tooth-fairy gives you more money... one of my friends got $100 for one tooth!" Trying to not show my astonished look because I already had a dollar and some change set aside for his pillow pocket I say, "Well, are you sure it wasn't $1?" "No mom", he says quickly. So coming up with a last minute story of- Well, I guess it depends on how many children lose their teeth that day... the tooth fairy has a budget you know. As he put his tooth in his tooth-fairy pillow pocket before bed he reminded me of how shiny and white it was. Yes, we all know Stinks teeth are little rows of small pearls... dangit.

I had to teach him though, mean as it may sound... mom's teach lessons, not hand out large bills. He awoke the next morning and didn't say much. In my probably annoying excited voice I go, "What did the tooth fairy bring you?!!!" "She only gave me a one dollar mom." "I bet she gave you change too, because maybe she didn't have enough money but she knew how good you cared for your teeth." Yeah, lesson semi-learned and a buck richer little man. I love you.

0 comments: