Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fire-Ninja/Ranger


Sadly, we went to the Hall of Flame museum without Dad. It was a lazy Saturday and the 10th Anniversary of the museum (so the kids got in free). How could a thrifty mom resist? I don't think the boys were old enough to appreciate the super cool, old, horse pulling fire engines... but enjoyed the "play on Fire Truck". The highlight of the festivities was going for a ride on one of the older fire trucks. It was such a beautiful day, and we were on top of the truck so we got to enjoy the breeze. I was thankful most of my hair was in a hat, which allowed me to enjoy the breeze to the fullest. My favorite part was when the engine horn blew and I saw smiles from ear to ear on the boys.

Oh, yeah. They went in their costumes too. I love it when they romp around in play suits, its what kids should do. Grown-ups get to play around like that once a year if they go to a Halloween Party... so let kids be kids. They love the attension they get by all the adults when they wear them. I must say the power ranger suit has been loved to death by Benny so much that the zipper doesn't work anymore.


I thought this was really neat. They had a medical helicopter (which I have never seen). Benny got right up there and fastened himself in. We of course landed in the gift shop afterwards and got some Firefighter stuff. Benny picked out a "Future Firefighter" shirt that he immediatly put on when he got home- along with a fire badge and hat. He told me that he's ready for work now. They both tell me that when they grow up they want to be Firefighters.

0 comments: