Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Saturday, July 12, 2008

PROJECT: Windows

Complete! Buying a brand-new new house, there comes a lot of work. So one of our many projects is the windows. We had ordered blinds to custom fit our windows and Steve and I had the joy of installing them together! We saved over 1K by doing it ourselves, so it was well worth all the nagging, pounding and hearing a few choice words installing them with each other! Once we got the blinds done, I wanted to spice up the windows a bit. I decided to sew swag window treatments and curtains on our sliding glass door.

I wasn't so set on the vertical blinds look in our house, so I sewed curtains for both the sliding glass doors in the house. I even learned how to sew triple pinch pleats with little inspiration and you-tube! They came out wonderful! Steve and I learned a new tongue twister outta the deal, "I can so see why sewers sew with thimbles". It was late, and I was tired and sewing... so you can imagine how those words came out of my mouth. Steve looked at me like I was speaking a different language, and I probably sounded like it. It was a good laugh!


The picture is dark, but here is the treatments that I did in the play-room. The boys are ecstatic that mom has put her sewing machine away now. It was in the place of where their bounce house is, so they couldn't use it while mom was needing the space.



This is Steve's baby. I sewed, and he hung up (on the extension ladder), oh and what pride he takes in that!! He did a great job. Stay tuned for more home projects to come, we got a lot!! I am trying to whip some of them out during the summer before I go back to school. The windows turned out just how we wanted, not to fancy but simple and tasteful.

0 comments: