Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Jolly Saint Nicholas'

This is the first year the boys know the truth about Christmas. Or last years could have been and I was just made aware this year. At Easter the boys confessed. They found 2014 Christmas presents under my bed. Then the confession continued... as they told me they searched for stocking stuffers and found them in the closet and then a game system under my bedside table. This all took place at the dinner table when we discussed the focus and real meaning of Easter and it wasn't about an Easter bunny. 

So this year we focused on what Christmas is about. Family and giving to others. The boys made a list. This wasn't their typical one. This list had the names of others they would like to give to. I shared with them that I give our yearly story to others in cards, bake, host, make and purchase presents... for others. Spending precious time with cherished friends and family to make new memories and have laughs about old ones is also a gift of Christmas. 

I woke up, very early on Christmas morning as I always do. This was even after working multiple 12-13 hour back to back shifts. The excitement is that real. It was even still dark out. I awoke and started celebrating this birth of Jesus day. I put the music on and steeped fresh herbal leaves of Earl Grey in a steaming cup for the perfect tea as my babes lay fast asleep. I cooked gingerbread pancakes. The aroma and kitchen clatter woke my Sergeant, then Benny to quickly follow. They begged.... begged to open up gifts before Great Grandma and Grandpa came. We decided on opening up our family gifts together on this quiet Christmas morning first... including the stockings. Grandma Shari took the boys Christmas shopping to carry out their lists of giving. They were just as excited to see me open their gift to me as I was to see them open theirs. It wasn't much this year but like always, quality trumps quantity... the intangible included.  My jolly ole Saint Nicholas' filled my stocking with sweet, meaningful words. I thought maybe it could be another maltese in there but it was the best Christmas Card I have gotten yet. 
It reminded me that they are true boys/men... cramming in all the holidays they can to simplify. It made my heart so happy. What was next to best was the beautiful, fancy fragrance they knew I loved and wrapped up for mom. They always make me feel like a Queen, their Queen

Queenie got some goodies for her little Christmas Princes. This years big gift was a hoverboard for Stink and a Drone for Benny. The Sergeant picked up this balance thing on his board super quick. I had him learn in the house until he bumped into a wall. Benny flew his drone into a backyard so we decided the open park was the best place for practice. But first tea-time with Grandma and collegial gifts from Grandpa followed by a Christmas ham dinner was had. 


The Sergeant took an awful spill on the way to the park. It was a hoverboard fail. One that would have landed us in the ER on Christmas with a head injury if his helmet wasn't worn. Love my helmet rule and my precious, safe children. When he recovered the boys took it to the grass and perfected their skills as I pranced around with them smelling good. 

Our pooches got a great Christmas as well. They each had a spa day being pampered and fluffed to their softest. Ruby got a Christmas dress and ponytail. She wouldn't keep her pony in longer than 10 seconds. Crimson got a new bed and Scarlet a bone. The bone that the other two envied. One would steal it while the other two were fighting over it... a strategic plan that went on throughout the day. This gifted Christmas day. 
We ended it with my third son coming over who was here from Texas and spent the night with the boys. Mom had a cozy evening watching Christmas movies snuggling with her festive pooches. It was a little quiet this year and I felt the void of my Dad. I missed him but know he was looking over us having a beautiful Christmas remembering him in our hearts. 

It was another unforgettable Christmas at the Carlson home, our new Carlson home!! Our intangible Christmas gift...


Love.

0 comments: