Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Thursday, November 14, 2013

Family Photos, 2013

Every other year I like to get our photos taken... professionally. There is humorous feedback in the traditional school pictures and I love them as well as purchase them for that very reason... a wild hair sticking straight up, chapped lips, a bruise, mid-morning snack, the post-recess sweats and an awkward smile reflected as a result of reciting entirely too much in the mirror the day of picture day.

Instead, I like to capture our family interactions and natural facial expressions in our real surroundings to forever remember. My boys look like men to me. The saying "they grow up so fast" is so cliche... however it is so true. I just think how long I have them all to myself in comparison to their entire lives ahead and it's just a blink of an eye, really. All the cause to savor them and make every privileged moment count. Here below, are just some of my favorites... but there are so many of them, and each one is special to my heart.

This one because the sign is absolutely darling with us all together.


 These two because we just love this girl of ours.
They both look like they know how to mind a Mama here.



These four... because though they don't show it 100% all of the time, I feel like their most favorite person in the entire world.

 


These, simply because I adore all of my children's sillies.


 So dang handsome, these two... Need I elaborate? Muffins!!
 This one I hold dear for a few reasons. I don't really have pictures taken of just me. I look how I feel: vibrant. During the photo shoot Benny picked a sunflower for me like the ones you see in the background. He's just so sweet like that.
This photo because we can make a chicken coop look classy.
Last, but certainly not least is this one of the boys together showing honest brotherly love. They were tired of pictures and tired of each other... and Benny was surely going to hit The Sergeant with that big stick.
 
Thank you, DK Brittain Photography

0 comments: