Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Monday, October 14, 2013

Pumpkin Play

For some reason I was overly excited and couldn't wait for that cool break we all of the sudden get here about this time in AZ. I had my holiday nesting hands ready and on that decor box as soon as it hit. I cleared my evening when the damp struck my cheek, and I went for it. The boys are now completely withdrawn these days from helping me inside with the everything spooky I drizzle around. They have shifted to a hearty and creative stamina for the outside. Benny made a spooky forest in the front yard. He requested that we borrow Grandma Jana's fog machine for his special area when we have his Halloween Party for the best effect. My Sergeant Stink was a well web minded soul. Then Mr. Particular got frustrated as it didn't fold out of the package the way he exactly wanted. He sighed and complained and had mom start it out. Then as I started, I didn't want to stop. I realized I kept telling him how to do it and demonstrating until I was about out of web. Then Stink watched me partially steal his thunder as he threw on some spiders and stretched the webby mess. It came together quite well... but what meant the most is that we did it together.

I love having my boys home, especially during this time... all time favorite school break of mine: Fall Break. We have had such cozy moments. Of course my candle is out and lit. I've made my seasonal secret recipes of Pumpkin Pancakes and Fall Chili. The babies pitched up their little tents in the backyard and stuffed it with every pillow and blanket they could find to sneak out of the doors with. I read to them and I thought as their starring faces gazed my way at the words I said... it was a shame that I don't do it as often as I once did. They are getting bigger and reading independently... but I miss reading to them, so I will do it more. Benny has been trying to keep me up at night to watch our movies. I agree, but can't seem to make it very far without my eyelids shutting. I've seen the first 15 minutes of several movies now.

We've had some good daytime fun as well shopping around for Halloween Costumes we are putting together... going to be marvelous! We have had daytime fun period. In fact, the boys got up today and asked what we are going to do, like everyday there should be a sequence of planned events hosted. That combined with some naughty outside morning behavior- which involved sidewalk chalk, neighbor girls' driveway and not so nice words helped nudge the decision to stay home today all day, explore and do some end of break clean up... which is okay. And with that sidewalk chalk, I had the boys make a positive hopscotch game for those girls to come and play while they apologized... labeled it Princess Hopscotch... and added hearts. The Sergeant even willingly threw in a show and demonstrated the game, jumping down it in his roller skates.

It truly has been a joy, every ounce of it these past few weeks. However, I couldn't call it Fall until my new boots arrived that I had gotten for myself. I was waiting like a child for these black beauties to arrive at my door-step! The muffins get excited when I start wearing my boots too. I wear funny socks under them. At the end of my daily go abouts, I have them each grab a foot and take my boots off to reveal the surprise.

Fall is officially here... on my feet, in my home, and in our hearts...
 

0 comments: