Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Sunday, August 18, 2013

Recalibrating

A portion of my units at work have been closed for a massive makeover... yipee! This has allowed me to use accrued hours for my own personal upgrades... double yipee!! I think everyone should take a month off of every year from whatever they do in life. This isn't an option for many, but adjusting what you do differently to keep from floating in the smelly pool of stagnation allowing a refocus and avoid burning out... is a must. Those fresh waters are healthy. So lets swim a lap into my retreats.

I still worked enough to stay plugged into my dutiful roles of employment. I find that there is always something to do as a Mother and Nurse. I love all my jobs... and want to keep it that way. Taking a wonderful vacation with my two sons was a terrific start. The things that travel towards the bottom from the top of my priority sifter get put on a list. I tackled those post-it note projects with finesse and a warm weathered smile during these days.

I sewed. Patched and Painted. Hung some things up. Organized my pictures in albums. Got a bigger craft box.Wrote. Read, some serious and silly. Swam. Baked some new goodies. Shampooed carpets. Napped. Sorted through my garage. Got rid of some things. Made some overdue technological changes to my home. Sent out cards just because. Got my children properly ready and off to school. Shopped. Got a massage drenched in coconut oil. Watched movies... fell asleep during some then woke up to pick up where it left off at. Made Benny clean up his fun collections in his closet and under his bed. Continued education. Planned a few upcoming fun sports outings. Scheduled. Assessed where I am at spiritually. Assessed where I am at.

I truly believe that things are not coincidental, yet orchestrated in a beautiful symphony by our Creator. It is up to us to live on that path and be the very best we know how, to bear the sweetest of fruit. Seek wisdom and ask for guidance. Stay humble. Recognize and learn from mistakes. Remember that patience is a virtue. Value the people that are purposefully placed into our lives. Try not to understand the turns and twists of life, but enjoy them because they were routed for a reason. A reason you may or may not ever know, but know that out of love the most magnificent was planned for you.

So of course... I did some reflection, one of my favorite things...


0 comments: