Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sergeant's Sprinkles

Yesterday marked the first day of Fall... I was so excited. I got up quite early, waiting for the doors of my gym to open and ran just over 5 miles. Then as I was springing curls in my hair for the Sergeant's game and sipping on cinnamon tea, singing,  I was thinking of how I am going to decorate my house today for the season... and light my favorite candle while I do it.  

The real Fall feeling only lasted hours that morning. I got to Stink's game and my shade umbrella couldn't be positioned right, so the sun rapidly warmed me. Warmed me to a sweat in S. Stink's jersey when I cheered his first tackle. As half-time approached so did an unpleasant dehydration headache. I realized at this moment I got a little too excited this morning and my Fall plans were premature. Between the dirty football team we were up against, nagging parents and crying kids my 5am perky flower feeling turned into a wilted flower one... in need of water and some rest. I crashed and burned at home after I told my Sergeant how well he did powering through that brutal game. This was a game that we lost but remembered the lesson. The lesson of integrity and doing what is right through true sportsmanship. If you have fun and do your best you always win according to Mom.

That helped Stink through the afternoon... it only took him so far though. As soon as he could tell Mom and brother were re-charged he had plans to win by score at something that day. So he said we were going to the park to play:

-Swings
-Hangin for Bait
-Tickle Monster
-Tag
-Football
-Soccer
-Backstop

And we needed to play all of them, and if we did he would make us Sundaes with sprinkles. So he got his grocery list ready and packed his backpack for the park.

I don't know where he got all of this energy from at this hour and on game day but we all went with it. I got a Hail Mary play (out of luck) and reminded him where he gets his legs from. He made his brother feel terrible and won at ALL of the games we played so he could feel better.


At least we got these out of the deal. Stink couldn't even finish his because he fell asleep after all of that on this non-Fall day. My sweet Benny and I snuggled and watched Jumanji as I rubbed his little sun-kissed cheeks with aloe vera. As for me and my candle... we will wait for cooler days.

0 comments: