Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Sunday, October 16, 2011

Your home... it's Fall!




I was tired this morning. I stayed up really late last night... and still woke up at my usual time. My body just won't sleep-in. I awoke thinking deep thoughts about complicated things. Sometimes that's good. What else is good... no, really-really good:

My babies are home!!!

Their sweet and tan faces broke my morning thought as I looked at each one, still in sleep right next to me. Then I kiss those sweet sleeping faces and they automatically and unknowingly move closer to their mom. I quietly escaped the tight nest this morning to go make crepes as I remembered the delicious peach preserves we just got from Schnepfs Farm.

We didn't have games this weekend, but we sure had a whole lot of love. My home is filled with sounds of joy again and smells of good cooking. We even have the Halloween spirit in our house with Halloween hay, lights, pumpkins and candles. We added a couple of new scary movies to our collection too. The boys wanted to watch sports center, sip on cinnamon apple cider, and run around in silly wigs while mom decorated this year. They are getting bigger and growing out of some things. Benny told me I should have done this decorating while they were gone and then he helped me put up some bats in his subtle dismay. Stinker. I didn't mind though... just glad to have my muffins back.



We had more memorable times at Schnepfs this year. My Sergeant won the pig nose prize at the pig races. For some reason my children always get chosen and win at this show... every year. S Stink had help from mom this time. The director asked the audience what we all thought he fed the pigs to get them to run so fast. This wasn't our first rodeo so I whisper "oreos" and then my child flew out of my lap to blast out the answer without hesitation. The next thing I know, his pig won the race and he returned to mom with a snout. Benny even went up there next. His pig didn't win, but he recieved some chewy taffy out of the deal... so he didn't mind much at all.

I recommend if you go to bring graham crackers and chocolate like we did for roasting marshmallows by the fire. If you do... you may snag a cute smores photo like this:

There was a great BMX bike show added this year and the boys can now reach the pedals to race me at the road rally. The swings and the spooky train were a hit as it is every year. We even got to sit at the front of the train this time. It was extra scary because we were the first ones that the monsters jumped out at. We stayed until close and watched the fireworks. Stink fell asleep with candy in his mouth on the way home.


I'm sure glad to have you two back in my arms and house again... kissy kiss kiss.

0 comments: