Step into her shoes and walk the life she's living and if you get as far as she, just maybe you will see how strong she really is. Faith is first, her family is her everything and her story is her unique own.

This is a place where the love and stories of our family are shared. We hope you enjoy, and visit again soon...

"A little party never hurt no one... thats why its alright." -Art Deco


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Family

First things first... I can't believe I haven't blogged in over two weeks. I'm so excited to type! I have been super busy with normal life stuff, extra stuff lately. I made some big decisions and changes to my daily routine and adjusting to them, so readers... hold tight and thank you for your patience.



I felt I needed to touch on family tonight. Family is so very important... and family is different to everyone. We can't choose them, and if we could, whoever made the rule would be more than famous. Don't laugh! But- I don't want to choose my family. The family that I have, I love. They aren't perfect... by any means. We all have flaws and imperfections, that's the beauty of difference. The real "pretty" is the lessons. We learn from what we see, what we go through, and what we don't.

It isn't family that makes or breaks us... it's us and the decisions we make for ourselves and how we want to live our lives. I am thankful for my family, realizing now more than ever how thankful I am. Dysfunction is in every home to some degree and we all have no rights to judge. There isn't such a thing as a perfect person or the perfect family, and usually the ones that get that label just have things a little more hidden than others... It's all generally there and the same, just do a little digging.

Which comes to why I am so thankful. I have my Faith. I have wonderful and wise grand-parents who are supportive and full of guidance. I have parents and some siblings who have lifestyles that I have learned from. I have the best of friends to share the life that I have made and chosen for myself. That is my family... that I love dearly. Family is what you make it to be. We can't change the cards we are dealt, nor should we want to! You can overcome anything, no excuses to be who you want to be. I grew up with the good and the bad just as everyone does with or without a family. This has tailored me to be someone I am proud of. Though I'm not perfect, it's made the perfect recipe for... me.

0 comments: